October Birchbox Reveal

Happy Birchbox reveal day!  

If you're like me, you love the 10th of every month because it means you get to take a sneak peek to see what will be in your Birchbox for that month.  Some subscribers are lucky enough to receive their box before this day, but the rest of us have to wait.  I'm too impatient to ever wait until I get my actual box so I always ruin the surprise.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please use my referral link and sign up for Birchbox to receive 4-5 deluxe sample size beauty products each month.

Here's a screenshot of the products I'm receiving for October.  I didn't think that Birchbox would be able to compete with last month, but I'm thrilled to see that they didn't let me down!  I'm excited to be receiving 6 products because that means I'll get 60 Birchbox points for my review, which is $6 for the Birchbox shop!
For this month's sample choice, I picked the ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Kitty, which is a soft baby pink.  I wasn't too excited about the sample choices for October because I already have a ton of lip glosses and lipsticks that I'm trying to use up, but I think this will be a nice color that I can wear every day hopefully.  I also chose this because I wasn't too intrigued by the Lord & Berry Paillettes Eye Pencil.  Of course, this happens to be an item in my box, but I am interested to try it because its completely different than any other eyeliner that I own.  It has little bits of glitter in it and I try to stay away from makeup products that contain actual pieces of glitter.  I'll never forget my pediatrician warning me about getting glitter in my eye when I was younger!  I doubt its a product I'll use, but it may be fun to try out!

I'm glad that I'm receiving the Keratase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide Serum.  My hair definitely needs some TLC right now so I hope this will help out!  I straighten my hair a lot so my ends are a little damaged.  Also, I'm really particular about who cuts my hair because I had the same hairdresser since my first haircut until I moved to California when I was 21.  Basically, I need my ends trimmed, but with my limited budget, I'm too scared to go to a cheap place so maybe this will help out until I have some extra cash?  

The Ellovi Vanilla Butter is something else I'm excited for because getting lotions is always on the very practical side of subscription boxes as its something I use every day and I don't mind switching things up.  I'm also hoping that the Clarisea Deep Pore Detox Activated Charcoal Exfoliating Mask is  a miracle worker because I've been breaking out a lot with the amount of stress I'm under and changes I've been going through lately.

Overall, the only item I'm not overjoyed about is the Macademia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner.  I've never used a cleansing conditioner before so I can't really say much, but the idea of it makes me skeptical.  I have fairly oily hair so I'm worried that this would make my hair oily.  I like that it technically allows you to skip a step in the shower because you don't have to shampoo AND condition, but I haven't decided if I'm going to give this a try or not.  

What are you getting in your Birchbox this month?  If you haven't already, sign up using my referral link so you don't miss out next month :)  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!


XOXO,

Jen

Comments