September 2014 Birchbox Review

I'll go ahead and admit that I've been a horrible blogger recently.  Starting a new job has been really stressful, but I'm happy to say that I love my job.  I think its a really great fit for me and its such a great change from law school.  Plus its really helped me to get out of my comfort zone by having to answer the phones and deal with people who aren't always the nicest.  For the first time in my life, I finally feel like I've started a new path doing something I like rather than doing something that is just teaching me what I don't want to spend my life doing :)

Anyway, now that I'm getting used to my new routine, I should be back to blogging more.  I figured the best way to celebrate my return to the blogging world would be to do a much belated review of September's Birchbox!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Birchbox, it is a monthly subscription service that typically sends you 4-5 samples of beauty products for only $10 a month.  It's a great way to explore new products and to have some me time every month :)  If you haven't yet signed up, check out my review below as well as my other reviews on my blog and please use my referral link to sign up for the best thing ever!

September's Birchbox came in a special Anniversary edition box!  I love it and I'll definitely be keeping this.  I may bring it to work actually to help organize my cluttered desk :)

As usual, Birchbox provided a card detailing every product I received in my box.  I love these cards especially because they always give the price of the full size item.  It's nice to get a description of what you receive each month especially because sample sizes tend to be too small to elaborate on the product.

Here's an overview of what I received in my box this month.  I couldn't believe I received 7 products!!  For those of you who aren't familiar with Birchbox, that means I had 7 samples to review for 10 Birchbox points each = around $7 to spend in the Birchbox shop :)

Each month, Birchbox lets you pick from a few sample choices.  I chose the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate.  I love the packaging of this sample.  The container is sturdy and doesn't feel cheap.  I've only used this product a few times because I seem to have misplaced it, but I do like the way it made my face feel.  It was very lightweight and it didn't make my oily skin overly greasy. 

The Tocca Cream Da Mano Luxe Hand Cream is one of my favorite items in the box.  It feels really luxurious on my hands and there's nothing worse than having dry hands (such an uncomfortable feeling).  As for the R + Co BEL AIR Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner, I'm not personally a fan of this for my hair.  It made my hair extremely oily and I didn't feel like it had been washed.  I think the labeling for the product is really cute, but I HATE foil samples.  There's never enough in a foil sample for more than one use and they tend to be messy.  Can someone please get rid of foil samples forever?
My absolute favorite item in the box was the Harvey Prince Ageless Liquid Loofah.  The smell of it is great and after receiving the lotion last month, I was hoping to get this.  My skin felt awesome after using it.  Unfortunately it was only enough for two uses, but I'm thinking I'll buy it with all of the Birchbox points I have accumulated.  I also really liked the Pixi by Petra Breath of Fresh Air Lip Balm I received.  This isn't the first Pixi lip balm I've owned, but I really like this color.  Its a great neutral color for fall and for work so I'll definitely be using it a lot!

I wasn't thrilled to receive a perfume sample because I'm not really a fan of trying a bunch of different perfumes and the samples tend to just take up random space in my bags and drawers.  The Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue has a really awesome scent.  Its not just a vanilla because its mixed with jasmine and lime as well, which makes for an interesting and unique combination!  The adorable postcard it came with definitely made up for the fact that I hate fragrance samples :)
Overall, this was by far the best Birchbox I've ever received.  I'm not sure how Birchbox is going to compete with this one in the future, but I can't wait to see them try :)  If you haven't yet entered the amazing world of Birchbox, please sign up using my referral link.  There's no better treat than receiving a box full of beauty samples every month for only $10.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and I promise to get back into my blogging habit :)


XOXO,

Jen

Comments