June Julep Maven Box Review

It's been a while since I've actually opted to receive a monthly Julep box.  I had been skipping my boxes due to financial reasons and I'm also more of a summer color kind of girl, so I had been waiting to get out of the dreary winter months for some fun items!  Typically, you receive around 3 items in your Julep box, but this month I added on 3 items and then received a bonus item for my add-ons.  Somehow I had enough Jules saved up to end up spending less than the cost of the subscription!

If you aren't familiar with Julep Maven, it is another subscription box service that sends you nail polish or other beauty items depending on what you choose to receive.  Julep makes very high quality products so I highly suggest it!  It's $24.99 a month and you have the option to skip each month.  You can get your first box for free using the code SUMMER (you just have to pay the $2.99 shipping fee).  Please use my referral link to take advantage of this awesome offer!

Here is an overview of everything in my box!  I seriously hate those little squiggly things though because they get ALL over the place.

Lillian It Girl: $14 regular price, $11.20 Maven price
Polly It Girl: $14 regular price, $11.20 Maven price
It's Balm Full-Coverage Lip Crayon in Flamingo Pink: $16



These are the items I chose for my box.  Lillian is described as an "alabaster pink creme."  I love simple shades like this because they're classy and go with everything!  Polly is described as a "vibrant azalea shimmer."  Hot pink colors are always my go to for when I paint my toes so I'll get a ton of use out of this one this summer!  I chose this lip crayon because I'm trying to get into more daring lip colors for summer.  I absolutely love it and can't wait to wear it out (I tried to  do a swatch of it on my hand below).  

Buffer Blocks- 4 pack: $5 regular price, $4 Maven price
Manda Boho Glam: $14 regular price, $11.20 Maven price
Clean Slate Polish Corrector Pen: $10 regular price, $8 Maven price 

These are my 3 add-ons for this month.  I received 4 buffer blocks, but I had used one prior to taking this picture which is why there are only 3!  I try to make add-ons practical items that will help with my nail maintenance.  The clean slate corrector pen is perfect for me because I am HORRIBLE at coloring inside the lines.  I'm currently wearing the Manda nail polish and I love it.  The gold shimmer sets it aside from other light blues I have and it will definitely become a favorite.  I chose it as an add-on because it was a new color released for June :)

Bonus Item: Marcy Bombshell: $14 regular price, $11.20 Maven Price
This nail polish was my bonus item.  I'm not excited about it and already have similar white colors so I will likely just gift this to a friend or possible place it in a potential giveaway I've been thinking about for my blog.  It is described as a process silk and is a semi-matte opalescent.  The description is making me kind of curious to try it out so it will be sitting on my bed side table for a while until I make an official decision on what to do with it.  The best part about Julep boxes is that they always include candy in each box for an extra treat :)

Each box typically comes with a card that has a quote on it.  This month's quote was from Lilly Pulitzer: "Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink."  I think it is safe to say I covered the "pink" part with this month's box.  In addition, I received a 30% off coupon for my next order.  I have yet to receive a box without a coupon which is a plus!

Total Value of Box: $87 using regular pricing, $72.80 using Maven pricing

The value of the box is awesome considering I only paid about $15 for it after using all of my Jules.  You get Jules every time you purchase something and every time you take you monthly box.  Once you've accumulated 2400 Jules, your next box is free.  To take advantage of this awesome subscription and save money by doing your own nails with high quality products rather than going to the salon, please use my referral link!

Now I'm off to go paint my nails so I don't have to fold my laundry :)  Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!


XOXO,

Jen



Comments