Birchbox Anniversary Box Review

In honor of their 4th Anniversary, Birchbox created a special edition Anniversary Bonus Box with 4 deluxe sample favorites from over the years.  You can receive this box by purchasing $50 or more worth of full-size products from the Birchbox Shop and using the code BONUSBOX at checkout.  I kindly received this box due to my concern from my last post about having received the same samples in the Ace Exclusive Bonus Pack.  I can't say it enough how amazing the customer service is at Birchbox.

I always love the outer-packaging that every Birchbox comes in!  It's so cute and I get sad to throw it away :(

I was really surprised to see that Birchbox's 4th ANNIVERSARY box was simply packed in the usual Birchbox packaging.  I was expecting some cool, special box that looked like it had a celebration inside!  This is one of the few times I'll ever say that Birchbox definitely failed here.

Here's an overview of the 4 products I received.  This is the 3rd Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette Set sample that I've received from Birchbox so I'll definitely be swapping this one.  I love the colors in it because they're perfect neutrals, but I really don't need any more eyeshadow.  I also will likely swap the Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Jamun (a purple/plum color) because I already have a sample of one and I counted the other day and I have an unnecessary total of 15 eyeliners...  Side note: Didn't I just post about how much I hate these squiggly paper things?!  Dear subscription box companies: tissue paper is better, can be reused, and you won't find pieces of it months later in your house.

The Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream is something I've been dying to try!  I was so excited to see it in this box and the sample is large enough that I'll be able to tell whether or not it really works in a few weeks!!  I immediately started using it the day I received this box and I can already notice a slight difference in how my eyes look when I'm tired.  It'll definitely come in handy when I start work on Tuesday!

I was also really excited to see the Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo because this is something I've been wanting to try.  I've used it twice and so far, love it!  I've been looking for a new shampoo to purchase for regular use so Birchbox has been helpful in sampling different products.  This one is definitely a contender because it makes my hair feel smooth and I love that its called "love."  Now I just need to sample the conditioner!

Birchbox let me choose two products from their bonus shop, so the Marcelle Eye Makeup Remover Pads were my second choice.  They're super gentle on eyes and do a great job of removing eye makeup.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that this wasn't just a sample and it came with 80 pads!  These will definitely become a staple in my makeup routine.
Overall, I think Birchbox did a great job in choosing samples for their Anniversary Box.  Now, I'm just even more excited to receive my September Box.  I'll be placing a new order for full-sized Birchbox products soon and I've already decided I'm going to use the code BIGLITTLELIES to receive a copy of the September book for the Birchbox book club!  I definitely suggest becoming a part of that :)  If you haven't yet signed up for Birchbox please use my referral link.  I promise you won't be disappointed.

In the next few weeks, I'm hoping to be able to incorporate my new life as a working woman into my blog with tips on business casual fashion and makeup so stay tuned for a new chapter in my life!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and if not, remember signing up with my referral link for Birchbox can only make life better :)


XOXO,

Jen

Comments