September 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Happy Monday!  This is my first month receiving an Ipsy Glam Bag so I'm excited to share with you guys my first thoughts!  I've seen thousands of pictures of those pink packages everyone gets so ecstatic about in the mail so I couldn't wait to open my first one!  Ipsy is just $10 a month and you receive 4-5 deluxe beauty samples.  Also, once you receive your bag, you can log into your account and each product that Ipsy features that month has links to coupons, which I think is great.  Ipsy also tries to customize bags to your preferences with a beauty quiz you take before signing up.  If you like my review, please use my referral link to sign up for next month!

So here it is...the famous Ipsy mailer bag.  I know this is going to be a shock because its pink, but I hate this bag.  Maybe I'm just not a fan of metallics, but I think its a bit tacky and it kind of made me feel like I had just walked into Party City.  Thankfully I wasn't one of the few people who received a GIANT Ipsy mailer this month.  

One thing I do like about Ipsy compared to Birchbox is that they send your samples in a makeup bag every month.  I can never have too many makeup bags especially with all the samples I get.  This one is really soft and it perfectly matches this month's theme "Street Style."  My only complaint is that it feels cheap and I have a feeling the zipper may break, but I can't really complain about the quality of something when everything in it and itself was only $10!

Here is an overview of everything inside my bag!  I was excited to see the size of the samples this month and I'm pleased with the variety of items in my bag!

My favorite is the Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream.  The sample size value is about $11, which is more than the bag itself!  I can never have enough hand creams and this one feels great!  It's soft and not too sticky and the smell isn't overpowering.  Plus there's just something about the name "Mitchell and Peach" that I love.  I may have to purchase this in the future...

This Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush is tied for first with my favorite item.  It's value is $6.99 which is great for just one item in a subscription bag.  The brushes are so soft and this is so useful!  I can't wait to try it out tomorrow before my first day of work :)  I was so glad to see a makeup brush in a subscription box for once!  Also, its great that its two brushes in one.  

As you know, I just complained about having too many eyeliners in my last post.  Yeah I know, my life just sounds sooooo hard because my main complaint is having too many eyeliners.  This Pacifica Natural Waterproof Eye Pencil in Gun Metal fits in so perfectly with the theme "Street Style" that its hard to hate it.  It's about half the size of the full version with a value of about $5.50.  Plus, I love the gray color so it looks like my eye liner collection just grew by one.

This Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Love Affair is a perfect color for fall.  I have an excessive amount of lip glosses, but mostly in the pink family so its about time I add something unique to my collection.  Plus I love when I get full-sized items in subscription boxes especially when they're worth $19 (almost twice the price of the actual box)!!

My least favorite item is the Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser.  I'm skeptical about using different cleansers on my face because I have a tendency to breakout so I may just save this for a time that I need a good travel size cleanser.  The sample size value is about $2.34.
Overall, I'm happy with the value of my Ipsy Glam bag and it was definitely a good first bag.  The total value is $44.83, which is 4 times the price of the actual subscription each month!  I'm still a Birchbox girl at heart though, but I'm not ready to cut off Ipsy just yet.  I love the variety of the products, especially the eye shadow brush so I'm hopeful for the months to come :)  If you haven't signed up for Ipsy yet and are interested, don't forget to use my referral link and remember it's only 10 dollars a month plus you'll get great coupons and you can see a spoiler of your bag on the 10th of every month, sometimes earlier.

There's been quite the heat wave in Southern California this past week and so I'm only hoping for cooler weather now.  I start my first day of work tomorrow and I'm thrilled to no longer be bored and to get to spend my day in air conditioning ;)  Stay tuned for more reviews on my blog this week and updates on the new chapter of my life!

Hope everyone has a good week.  Stay cool or warm depending on which side of the coast you're on!


XOXO,

Jen

Comments