ChapStick Hydration Lock Lip Balm Review- Thanks Birchbox :)

I'm so excited to have had such a great first day of work that I can't help but feel like I need to keep doing things so I thought this evening would be a perfect time to blog!  I love being a productive member of society again plus it kind of helped that the building I work in had a customer appreciation day today so I got a free ice cream bar :)  There was also a moment where I had gotten so into filling out today's date with paper work that it was my birthday today!  Free ice cream + fake birthdays = a perfect tuesday.

Anyway, yesterday morning I got a mysterious FedEx package with no note and just two packages of ChapStick in it!  I was extremely confused until I remembered that last week, Birchbox sent out an email with a contest for 100 Birchbloggers to win a set of Hydration Lock lip balms.  You had to tweet which one you were interested in trying and Birchbox was supposed to notify winners by email.  I never received an email saying I had won, but that was almost better because I was so excited to receive this surprise in the mail.  I never win anything so this was a great start to my week!

Here is a picture of the two Dual-Ended ChapStick Hydration Lock lip balms!  I love that they are dual-ended because that basically means I got four chapsticks!

This is the Dual-Ended Hydration Lock Moisturize & Renew, which has Anti-Aging formulas.  The moisturize end promises to give you "fuller, smoother and younger looking lips" while the renew end "revitalizes lips with natural butters."  While I can't yet tell you whether the anti-aging formula works because I haven't been using it long enough and I don't think at 24 I've aged enough to be able to notice, I can tell you that this product is AMAZING.  For someone who constantly applies Burt's Bees 13094810 times a day, it was so nice to have moisturized lips all day while only applying either end once or twice.  I wasn't constantly preoccupied at work wondering when I could reach into my purse for my lip balm.  I'm in love.  Plus both ends have great flavors: the moisturize is a soft vanilla (my favorite) and the renew is a botanical medley.

This is the Dual-Ended Hydration Lock Day & Night ChapStick which contains SPF 12 for sun protection during the day and "replenishes overnight with tamanu oil, natural butters, and antioxidants."  I used the night end last night and it was amazing.  I didn't wake up in the middle of the night desperate for lip balm and it has a "calming chamomile" flavor which I swear helped me fall asleep.  This is my new bedtime buddy.  Also, I love that the SPF end is unflavored because it doesn't have that gross sunscreen taste!

Here's a picture of my two new best friends.  Whether they're in my purse or on my nightstand, I will never go anywhere without them.


I'd like to thank Birchbox for sending me such an awesome gift and forever changing my lips!  This is such a useful product and I couldn't be happier to have finally found what I consider the perfect lip balm.  Sorry Burt's Bees :(  Also, I believe some of these ChapSticks were sent out in September's Birchbox so if you'd like to try out this ChapStick or experience the magic that is Birchbox, please use my referral link!

Hope everyone is having a great week and don't forget to keep your lips moisturized!


XOXO,

Jen

Comments